Monday, June 8, 2009

Where would Alice Waters Shop?

Gelson's, the Southern Cal Market for all Things Gourmet

You get what you pay for, and Gelson's delivers the goods. Not only ultra clean, and well stocked, but a knowledgeable staff that seem genuinely happy. An abundance of organic, hormone free meats and poultry, fin and shellfish, and produce displays worthy of a close up from Mr. Cecil B. DeMille himself.
I have been visiting Gelson's since I was a child, being lucky enough to be born into a family of foodies, my grandmother seldom shopped anywhere else. I attribute much of my foodie passions to those pristine aisles, exotic gourmet goodies, and delectable smells wafting from the bakery. With 18 stores in Southern California, including some of my favorite places, Pacific Palisades, Los Feliz, Santa Barbara, and Dana Point, why would I go anywhere else? Okay, okay, Vicente Foods in Brentwood and a handful of other independent grocers are available in So Cal, see the side bar for a list of Om Chef favorites.

No comments: